Sunday, March 15, 2009

Feeding the Homeless



Once a month our church goes to a local soup kitchen to feed the homeless. Some evenings we serve between 100 and 200 people. I don't know the backgrounds of these people and sometimes it's easy to be cynical while there. Why don't they get out and work? Why do they choose this lifestyle? However, I have to stop and remind myself that I don't know the heart of the people we serve but God does. I don't know the circumstances that have brought them to this place. I don't know the hurt and lonliness they're feelling. I am not called to decide whether they deserve to be fed or not. I am only called to help take care of the poor because they will "always be among us." There were three area churches there last Sunday evening serving the people who came. Please take a moment and pray for the people you see in these pictures. Some are workers and some are homeless. It matters not to God. We are all equal in HIS sight. Thank you, God, for the opportunity to be there among your people. Matthew 25:35-40

No comments:

Post a Comment