Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Could the Ground Hog Be Wrong?

Today we drove to our Farm to feed the animals. It was a gorgeous day and it made me really ready for spring to arrive. Robins were hopping around all over the place hunting for worms. I was also able to get a good shot of one perching on a tree branch.

This next shot of a robin is down at our pond. I managed to get a few good shots but missed some excellent shots because I literally got "ant in my pants!" I decided to sit on a stump in order to get a closer picture of the robin near the water when I suddenly realized I was apparently disturbing an ant bed which was beside the stump. After jumping up and stomping my foot and taking my shoe and sock off and hopping around, I was able to get rid of the ants but that had scared the robin away. Here is a shot I managed to get before the ant escapade!

Apparently the geese don't mind the cold water because this is where we found them.


Of course, the animals were glad to see us as always because they knew we were bringing food. If you will look closely at the picture of the goats rounding the corner of the barn, you will see a dolly loaded with hay pulled by Farmer Pops. The goats were not letting him get far from them at all!

Farmer Pops below-----

I loved these pictures of one of the cats. Apparently he thought he heard a mouse in the old smokehouse so he decided to investigate. He had already eaten the food we took him but his "barn cat" instincts took over and he decided to investigate.


I can't end the post without a cow picture. I LOVE cow faces!! Here is one watching me hoping I have a handful of hay for her.

So, maybe the Ground Hog is wrong and spring is right around the corner!! I'm ready. Be sure to go over to Susan's blog to see more outdoor pictures.

3 comments:

  1. Charming post of animals.
    Joyce M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, looks like sping! I can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so lucky it was not a fire ant bed you disturbed! Mean and nasty creatures! Love the pictures of your farm animals. I too love cow faces! Their eyes are just beautiful. The one in your last photo is a beauty. I certainly hope spring is right around the corner.

    Thanks for sharing your photos with us.

    ~ Tracy

    ReplyDelete