Wednesday, October 21, 2009

My First Award!!


How exciting it was to see that June from The Butler Family gave my blog an award. Be sure to check out The Butler Family blog and see their precious family. Here are the rules for the award:
1) You must thank the person who gave the award and list their blog and link it

2) You must share "10 Honest Things" about yourself.

3) You must present this award to 7 others whose blogs you find brilliant in content and/or design, or those who have encouraged you.

4) You must tell those 7 people they've been awarded HONEST SCRAP and inform them of these guidelines in receiving the award.

10 Honest Things About Me

1. I am a Christian, wife, mother, grandmother, sister, sister-in-law, aunt, and friend
2. I like to spend time with my family and do special things with our grandchildren
3. I enjoy the beach and the outdoors and anything involving "nature"
4. I love Auburn University
5. I enjoy photography
6. I like to entertain
7. I like to travel
8. I like Bible studies
9. I am about to retire after teaching ESOL for many years
10.I love our Farm

To be perfectly honest, it was difficult for me stop at 10. I love my life and enjoy it to the fullest. Every morning I try remind myself, "This is the day that the Lord has made. I will rejoice and be glad in it."

I am passing this award on to the following bloggers whose blogs inspire and encourage me:
The Macs
Our Journey of Love
Happily Ever After
Walk With Me by Faith
Sweet Caroline
The Averitt Family
All Things New

Check out these blogs. I'm sure you'll be inspired as well.

1 comment:

  1. Linda, thank you so much for this! I'm honored.

    Ten honest things about me:

    1. I'm addicted to watching House Hunters on HGTV. In fact, it's on right now!
    2. I love dogs, but can take or leave cats.
    3. I love to travel, but there had better be a nice hotel involved. No more camping trips for this girl.
    4. I love to read. My favorite kinds of books are historical fiction.
    5. I'm an elementary school teacher.
    6. I wish I could eat dessert with every meal. :P
    7. My favorite shop is Ann Taylor Loft.
    8. I recorded my own CD several years ago, and used to open locally for national acts.
    9. I'm infertile. :-(
    10. My husband has cancer. Sigh...

    I look forward to getting to know you better through your blog, Linda!

    :-)

    ReplyDelete