Sunday, December 20, 2009

In Sickness and in Health

Wow, I wonder if my hubby actually knew what he was saying when we spoke our marriage vows over 44 years ago. However, let me just say that I am SO thankful for him these last 10 days following knee replacement surgery. He has had to go above and beyond the "call of duty." When one has this type surgery, one is almost completely dependent on someone else for the first few days. He was there for every move I made. I really felt bad for him to have to be there all the time, but I really wanted him there with me, too. When we came home, he had to be creative in many ways in order for me to take a shower, sleep, eat, and just about every thing else. He came through with all of the above. SO, I thank God for a caring, loving husband who has taken care of me the last few days. Thankfully, I am much better now and can do most things for myself so he's getting a break, but I would not want to go through this without him.

No comments:

Post a Comment