Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Is This Florida??

Having a warm house is not something I take for granted, but I have been a bit more aware and thankful this week. I can't fathom how anyone could live on the streets in this weather and this is Florida which is not nearly as cold as other parts of the country. I've been even more mindful of the homeless and the elderly this week. Council on Aging has been asking for heaters and blankets for the elderly in the area. Yesterday, my hubby told me he was going out for a few minutes. When I asked where he was going, he said he was going to get some heaters and blankets and take them to Council on Aging. I'm so thankful to have a husband who is exceedingly giving and thoughtful. From what we were told, the response for help has been excellent. It's refreshing but not surprising to know that people have acknowledged the need and answered the call.

In the meantime, I am thankful to be warm and cozy sitting by our fire at home. But, I don't want to forget that there are others out there who are not so blessed. I pray I'll never forget.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:57 AM

    Hello MomMom, I came to your blog from a comment you left on The Bowling Family blog. It is good to find another Grandmother's blog. I am a MeMe. Shortened from what I was originally to be called (MeMom) by the first grandchild. I read through some of your blog and enjoyed it. It reminds me of our family. The only difference----we are a Bama graduates family with a Auburn son-in-law that we adore. I love the pay it forward. I may start that. My grandchildren need to get a few years older to do this but I love the idea.I will be back to check your blog.
    Joy aka MeMe
    Things Remembered

    ReplyDelete