Tuesday, February 07, 2006

More Random Musings

Feb. 2, 2006

Thirty-seven years ago tonight I was at Baptist Hospital waiting to be induced the next day with our first baby. Where have all those years gone? He now has a wife and two little girls of his own. I’ve gotten to be a big part of their lives as well for which I’m so grateful. It’s a cliché, I know, but it’s so true---enjoy them every minute because they do grow up so fast.

Random thoughts since being diagnosed with breast cancer 18 months ago:
No one likes to hear the C word, but I’m not afraid of death----- I’m afraid of dying.

I look at my grandchildren and want to watch them grow up. I want them to be old enough to remember their MomMom.

Maybe I shouldn’t buy this new floor for our house and this new furniture. I might not be around to enjoy it. Then………….why shouldn’t I buy this new floor and new furniture? No one else knows whether they’ll be here tomorrow either.

Matt. 6:34-Don’t worry about tomorrow. Today has enough troubles of its own.

Make the most of every day. Enjoy each moment---the sunset, the precious times with family, times with friends, the beach, the mountains, football games, the FARM, worship---the list goes on and on.

Observation while walking at the beach last summer after Hurricane Ivan:

Some of the houses on the beach looked perfectly OK on the outside, but on the inside they were a wreck. The storm had wreaked havoc inside the house. Isn’t that just like our lives? We appear to have it all together on the outside but inside we’re a wreck. Lord, let me quit pretending and allow YOU to clean up the inside of me. Let me have clean hands and a pure heart, O God.

No comments:

Post a Comment