Thursday, February 09, 2006

Multigenerational Christianity

Feb. 8, 2006

I love it! Once a month, our table group (small group) packs, prays for, and delivers bags of cleaning supplies and personal items to several families who need additonal help. These families are from all over the area. Some are in temporary housing as a part of a united ministry housing program. Many we don't know although we try to meet them and encourage them. Some of the families are part of our own church family who just need some extra help, love, and encouragement at this time in their lives. Usually, it’s just our small group when we meet together, but tonight the college/singles table group joined us for dinner, fellowship, and prayer. Afterwards they took many of the bags to deliver to the various families. I can’t tell you how encouraging that group of young people is to me. There are many things I enjoy, but one of my passions is being with them and watching them serve and grow in their relationship with Jesus. They are sharing Jesus with their friends on campus and at work, and their zeal is contagious! I thank God for all of them and for allowing me to be a part of their lives. I’m thankful they don’t mind spending time with “old” people!

No comments:

Post a Comment