Thursday, November 05, 2009

A Different Look

There's something special about the beach in the "off-season." I decided today that I could probably walk on the beach and not know what month it is and still know it's fall from the way the sun looks on the water, the shoreline, the sea gulls, and, of course, from the number of people there. There's a crispness in the air and a different brilliance of the sun shining on the water, the sea gulls seem to be burrowing in the sand and fluffing their feathers more, and the shoreline is much different. Today there were several tidal pools along the shoreline. The dolphins were busy feeding and playing not far from the shore. I never tire of watching them. They actually remind me of a graceful ballet of power and control, artists swimming and jumping in synchronized movement. I didn't have my camera with me so I didn't get any dolphin pictures but did take some beach pictures with my cell phone. Have I ever mentioned that I LOVE the beach--no matter the season?

1 comment:

  1. Must be nice to say "I think I'll walk on the beach today!" lol... Looks peaceful! Great photos!

    ReplyDelete