Thursday, July 23, 2009

A Bird's Life

I sat out on our deck for a while this afternoon trying to get some pictures of the birds at our birdfeeder and/or in the trees around the deck. I managed to get a couple of good pictures. These little guys are so quick and flit around, it's difficult to get a good picture. Notice how this one has a watchful eye out for predators---has to grab a bite to eat and check out his surroundings. It's a great example of his unending effort to survive.

This bird was up very high in the tree and actually sat there for a while. I can't quite tell what kind he/she is but I do appreciate him/her sitting still for a while.


As I was sitting there, a cat from the neighbor's house came slinking under the birdfeeder. I'm sure he was looking for his dinner, too. The food chain is alive and well.

No comments:

Post a Comment